Today officially kicks off day 1 of Blaugust Reborn my friends!
I hope you all have plenty of snacks and coffee, or whatever drink of choice you enjoy while writing as this month is going to be amazing! It’s going to require some focus and brain power for sure….hence the snacks and drinks.
Today we are jumping in and discussing writing prompts as one of the hardest things about blogging is that some days are mentally tough, and you’ll have writers block. It happens to the best of us and it’s just part of the journey us writers are part of. Checkout a write up I did years ago about Writers Block and some easy tips of how to break through.
Sometimes the opposite can happen though and you have so many ideas and topics spawning in your head that you don’t know what to do with them. Think of it like a water dam that is partially open and only letting a small portion of the water come through. My best advice for situations like this is have a journal or some place like a back log of topics and ideas you jot down. This will definitely help with those thought clogs and ease up some moments of frustration when those fingers don’t know what to type.
Let’s jump into those writing prompts as blogging for 31 days in a row is a challenge no matter how long you’ve been writing. I’m hoping these prompts will help you with ideas through the month, and maybe even break some writers block you might have or experience along the way.
Here Are Nine Random Writing Prompts
- Write about your favorite coffee you drink while writing!
- Write about a friendship that was made from gaming and some of your favorite memories.
- Write about a favorite book series and a character within that book series you enjoy.
- Write about your favorite nostalgic video game and what you most enjoyed about it.
- Share about a passion you have outside of gaming or reading / writing. Maybe it’s cooking, or wood working, or whatever you like. It can be whatever you are crazy passionate about.
- Write about your favorite movies regardless of genre and what specifically about the films you enjoyed.
- Write about why you enjoy writing. Why are you so passionate about it and what would you say to someone new getting into writing? More for the veteran blogger/writer but can be a fun journey to explore no matter your experience.
- Write about the lore of a favorite video game, or book series you are passionate about. If you are like me, then lore is your thing and you love to research and write about it.
- Write about upcoming technology in the gaming industry, film industry, or whatever nerdy industry you enjoy.
I hope these prompts will help you get started and open up those creative sparks for this blogging journey. Personally I have a ton of material planned out and jotted down in my journal so I don’t have to feel crunched for time. Take the time to prep for the month and get ahead of things best you can so you don’t feel overwhelmed by trying to post every day. It can be a daunting task, but also an amazing challenge to push yourself in an event like this. Don’t forget to have fun while doing this challenge, and shamelessly look through all the writing prompts the events mentors are posting as you don’t have to re-create a brand new wheel every time you want to post something. Those writing prompts are there to help us all spawn new ideas and make this journey a bit easier.
Jump in, enjoy, challenge yourself and most of all have fun!